Busting myths on apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way for you to develop skills and knowledge, while gaining a nationally recognised qualification. That’s why we’re supporting the government’s National Apprenticeships Week from the 7th – 13th February. Below, we lay to rest the myths people often associate with apprenticeships.
Somerset Care offers a huge range of qualifications at a range of levels, no matter what service or area of work you’re interested in. This applies to new staff members and those already working with us
Apprenticeships do not:
- Negatively change your pay
- Change your job title or status
- Cost you a penny
- Tie you down to Somerset Care
Contrary to popular belief, apprenticeships:
- Apply to anyone at any age (not just school leavers, which people often think)
- Are suitable for all types of roles and aspirations – chances are you can find an apprenticeship scheme for you
- Can start at any time, and not just at the start of the academic year
Apprenticeship qualifications have replaced NVQs and QCFs in recent years. Somerset Care recognises and understands the importance of learning and development, and the positive impact it can have on you and your career. We have a dedicated team to guide staff, new and existing, to encourage and help you to get the most out of your working experience.
For more information, contact our Apprenticeship Lead, Kayleigh Spiller, on 07593 525503 or email [email protected].