Valuing our staff
The Somerset Care Group recognise the commitment that staff make to the Company and celebrate their contribution and dedication. Day in and day out, our staff devote themselves to helping the people in our care live the best lives they can.
Without a doubt, the bedrock of our success is our highly dedicated, trained, skilled and experienced workforce, who listen to the people we care for, and help them meet their needs in individually tailored ways.
Our company benefits include;
- Free induction
- Ongoing mentoring and support
- Free training and career development prospects
- Qualification bonus of £100 on completion
- FREE counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Recruit a friend £250 bonus - £250 incentive if you refer a friend who becomes employed with us.
- Nurse £500 welcome bonus (£250 for Relief Nurses)
- Contractual maternity pay
- Return to work maternity bonus of £100
- Somerset Care Group Awards - Recognises individuals and teams that have gone above and beyond in their role.
- Long Service Awards - This is local team event to recognise staff members who have reached a long service milestone.
- Pension scheme
- My Caring Rewards - Provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers for Somerset Care staff, using cashback, instant vouchers and reloadable cards. www.mycaringrewards.co.uk
- Childcare Voucher scheme - If you have a child under the age of 16 you can save money on their registered childcare costs by paying for childcare through your gross pay!
- Cycle to Work scheme - You can save up to 40% off the cost of a new bike and accessories.
- Be healthy campaign - The campaign covers a variety of topics including healthy eating, getting active, health care and emotional wellbeing, and offers advice, support and competitions for staff to get involved in.
- Attendance bonus - Quarterly prize draw for attendance at work