Learn with Acacia Training and Development
We are Acacia Training and Development, part of the Somerset Care Group and a leading provider of training, qualifications and apprenticeships across the South West.
Based in Exeter, Plymouth and Taunton, we serve the needs of hundreds of learners and employers across the South West region. We are a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence for delivery of training to the Adult Care sector.
We provide in-house training to Somerset Care staff, whatever their role. As part of the Somerset Care Group, we are Investors in People accredited.
Over 800 apprentices have completed programmes of learning with us alongside their employment. We offer apprenticeships in:
- Health and Social Care
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Management and Team Leading
- Hairdressing and Barbering
- Early Years Care and Education.
We also offer:
- Pre-apprenticeship training for young unemployed people are available in Exeter, Plymouth and Taunton.
- Employability training to jobseekers across the region.
- A full range of commercial courses that are offered at full cost recovery.
- Functional skills in Maths and English, and ICT - funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (Adult Skills Budget).
- Microsoft Office online training across a range of skills levels.
- Distance learning courses.
Our accreditations and partnerships
We are rated as Ofsted Grade 2 Good for all provisions, and our Leadership and Management. We are also Matrix accredited for the quality of our information, advice and guidance.
We aim to support Local Enterprise Partnerships and Employment and Skills Boards to improve the ICT skills of both unemployed and employed people in the region.
We are innovative and are constantly looking for ways that partnership working will benefit the wider community.
Find out more
Whether you are an employer or learner, to find out more about Acacia Training and Development, browse our courses or get in touch, please visit our website.